In a move, some of the furniture is more difficult to transport than others and require some prior preparation depending on the material, size, interior and exterior structure…
Today we are going to give some advices to transport a fridge in a move; since it is a heavy and large piece of furniture it requires a simple but orderly procedure.
- The first step would be to empty it completely, both what we have in the refrigerating part as the freezer. As far as possible it is recommended to have a camping portable ice cooler, to conserve those foods, normally frozen, that cannot be without cold for a long time.
- The second step would be to completely unfreeze it so that no other furniture in the moving truck or other operators will drip and stain.
- The next step would be to remove the trays and shelves that are in the inside so that they do not fall and break or suffer damages in case of movement.
- Another step recommended is to close the door with a rope or plastic film, if possibly not an adhesive tape as it can damage the enamel of the refrigerator when it is removed.
- And finally, it is recommended to transport it in an upright position, especially if it is an old refrigerator as it can lose gas and do not work properly when it reaches its new destination. Even so, regardless of the age, you must leave 24 hours of rest without plugging since the end of the move.
Staff in Caballero International Moving receives training on how to transport the different objects and the type of packaging that should be used in each case.