When making a removal, both national and international, it is important to take care of the clothes to be transported to arrive in perfect condition. Some of the recommendations that will facilitate the removal and should be taken into account are:
- There are many types of boxes: different sizes, materials, etc. But it is highly recommended to have special boxes for clothes “wardrobe boxes”, especially for those cloths of greater length and that can keep the clothes so that they do not arrive wrinkled to the destination like: shirts, costumes, dresses or raincoats. They are boxes adapted to hang the hangers and can remain all the way hanged instead of folded. These are highly suggested for moving no matter the distance of the journey.
- Clothes that are folded in boxes must be completely dry to avoid problems of unpleasant odours and mould that can ruin clothing.
- Jewellery and accessories must be in a separate box to prevent them from getting caught in the clothing during the move.
- For those cloths that require special care (delicate materials, baby clothes, etc.) it is a good idea to put a layer of paper between to separate them.
- Rigid hats must go in boxes, separated from clothing, so that in case of a sudden movement does not crush the structure of the same.
- Prepare a single shoes box; insert newspaper balls so that they do not lose their shape.
A general recommendation for the entire move is to label the contents of each box (winter clothing, summer clothing, bedding, lounge decorations …)
Caballero International Moving is a removal company with more than 25 years of experience so we know that removals can be tough. We will pack the material you want to transport and we will make an inventory facilitating all the process that the removal requires.